User’s Guide for vCard-QR
How do I save someone’s vCard-QR?
1. Scan the person’s QR code or click on it if it is in softcopy (pdf).
2. Thereafter, press ‘Add to Contacts’ to download his/her vCard.
3. A pop-up may appear to prompt you to open the VCF file, like the one shown below.
If not, please find the VCF file in the Files application on your phone.
Open the VCF file to import the new contact into your phone’s Contacts or Google Contacts.
Important: If you have previously saved this person’s contact in your phone’s Contacts or Google Contacts, please delete the old contact to prevent duplicate copies.
How do I share my vCard-QR?
Your vCard-QR can be shared through WhatsApp, email, MS-office, or brochure (pdf) file.
How to share your vCard-QR on WhatsApp:
Just attach your vCard-QR (pdf), like in any attached document and send it to your friends. Upon receiving it, they can open the file and click on your vCard-QR to see your details.
How to share your vCard-QR in Gmail:
You can add your vCard-QR as part of your Gmail’s signature to allow your recipient to download your full details easily to their phone or email contacts. Please remember to “hyperlink” your vCard-QR image after you attach the QR to your signature. To find out what is your unique QR code’s hyperlink, please refer to the web link at the top of your browser, such as the one shown below:
Edit your Gmail’s signature, insert your QR (cut and paste) and add a hyperlink to the image.
Detailed Guide on how to add your vCard-QR as part of your Gmail’s signature:
1. First, you will need to cut out your QR code image from your vCard-QR pdf and save it in either JPEG or PNG format.
2. Open your desktop page for Gmail. Look for the Settings icon on the top right-hand corner of your screen and select it
3. Scroll down the settings page to find the section on ‘Signature’. Create a new signature if you have not; you can choose to name it as ‘Formal’ for identification purposes. Under your new signature, you can write some closing words before adding your vCard-QR; a suggestion for the closing words is shown below.
4. Now, click on the image icon to find and insert your QR code image.
5. In your text field, either your QR code image or a box like this would appear. If it is the latter, do not worry as your full QR code image will be shown in your signature when you send your email out.
6. Now, let’s make the image of your QR code ‘clickable’. Select your QR code image and then click on the link button.
7. Copy and paste the URL of your vCard here. Then, press OK.
8. Finally, scroll to the bottom of the Settings page to save the changes made to your signature.
Now, you can use your new Gmail’s signature in all your emails.
You just need to do one simple step: At the end of every email draft, click the pen icon to insert your signature.
How to share your vCard-QR through pdf:
As you know, a pdf file can be created from either a Word Document or Google Document. For this demonstration, we shall use Word Document.
1. First, you will need to cut out your QR code image from your vCard-QR pdf and save it in JPEG or PNG form.
2. Open your Word document and click on the Pictures icon to find and insert your QR code image.
3. Select the image of your QR code. Right-click and select on the ‘Link’ row.
4. Paste the URL of your vCard in this space. Then, Click OK.
Now the URL of your vCard is attached to your QR code image, making your QR code ‘clickable’! It will remain ‘clickable’ even when you convert the file into pdf format.
How do I import Gmail contacts into Outlook?
Is my QR code printable?
Yes, it is as you will receive your vCard-QR in pdf file format. If you wish to obtain printed QR code labels, we offer printing services here.